Find this page at tech.csdo.org
Intro to Adobe spark and Freckle - St. Patrick - 1/22/20
Welcome! This workshop was designed to give you as much choice and hands-on time as possible! Instructions for today:
- Decide which product you want to explore first (or most!): Adobe Spark or Freckle
- Review the intro video, sign in, and try the activities
- Share your creations or reflections at https://padlet.com/mdp/spr
- Switch (or not! If you love what you're doing, stick with it)
Michael will be available for advice and questions for Freckle first and then Spark
What is Spark?
Spark is 3 tools for digital communication:
- Page: make beautiful web pages
- Post: edit images, posters, and cards
- Video: create and publish videos
Spark is simple, easy, and works on any device!
Spark Activity 1:
Make a post for one of the "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" activities:
- Reading: Make a flashcard for a vocabulary word. Include the word, definition, and an image or icon (could easily be a list of words with images) or...
- Writing: Make a print advertisement for a new kind of candy or...
- Math: Make a recipe card with measurements and total volume of ingredients
Share your post on today's padlet: https://padlet.com/mdp/spr
Spark Activity 2:
Make a video for one of the "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" activities:
- Science: Make a video about healthy eating and sugar or...
- Writing: Make a video advertisement for a new kind of candy or...
- Social Studies: Make a video about working conditions in the chocolate industry
Share your video on today's padlet: https://padlet.com/mdp/spr
Freckle Differentiation Platform
What is Freckle?
Signing in to Freckle (Student)
- Go to student.freckle.com
- Enter the class code and student name:
- 3rd Grade
- Code: DREYFW
- Students: Chris Demo, Jane Demo
- 7th Grade
- Code: DREYF8
- Students: Javier Demo, Nancy Demo
- 3rd Grade
Freckle Activity 1
- Log in as a student
- Pick an avatar (if needed)
- Pick a subject to start practicing (Math or ELA)
- Take a pre-test
- If you complete a pre-test, try an activity or assignment
Signing in to Freckle (Teacher)
- Go to classroom.freckle.com
- Click Sign in with Google and connect your csdo.org account
- Set your role (teacher) and join your school
Freckle Activity 2
- Log in as teacher
- Go to the Dashboard and explore the curriculum & features
- Create a class and add students (you can import from Google Classroom or a spreadsheet)
- Try assigning an activity to your students