New National Technology Plan
Post date: Nov 10, 2010 7:06:15 PM
On November 9, 2010 the final version of the new National Educational Technology Plan was released by the Department of Education. ESchool News reported, “the new National Educational Technology Plan includes a focus on individualized instruction and connectivity”.
The final version outlines five goals:
(1) using educational technology to fundamentally change the learning process by making it more engaging and tailored to individual student needs and interests;
(2) using ed tech to develop a new generation of assessments;
(3) connecting teachers with their peers and experts so they are always up-to-date on the resources available to them;
(4) building infrastructure that lets schools support access to technology in and out of the classroom; and
(5) Harnessing the power of educational technology to increase school district productivity and student achievement.